Saturday, January 30, 2010

2 Months in!




Wow! Has it really been 8 weeks?! For those of you who have been checking this blog with no satisfaction will easily recognize that this time has passed, but for me, it has flown!! I have to say...I'm not sure that Kelly and I should go for a second baby...Finley is just too perfect and we can't get that lucky twice!!

I took him in for a check-up three weeks ago and his pediatrician was blown away when they took his weight. Our little giant topped the charts at 11 lbs!! To help you understand his growth, let me tell you that he started off in the 30th percentile for his weight (yes...even at 8 lbs, 1 oz), jumped to the 50th at two weeks and now my sweet little goo is in the SEVENTY-FIFTH!! There is no doubt that this child doesn't miss a meal!

And he is so sweet to mommy and daddy at night. He sleeps for a good 5-6 hour stretch, which for his age is as good as it gets! Never did I think that I would be so thrilled for such a small amount of shut-eye, but motherhood does funny things like that to you.

I'm sad to admit that after eight weeks, it is time for me to go back to work :( Finley will get to spend two weeks at home, though, with his Meemaw (Mom, is that how you spell it??) and Aunt Becky. Then, he'll start at St. Paul's, which is where his cousins go. As much as it KILLS me, I am trying to remind myself that he is in good hands (but pray for me anyway).

"Mom...I'm not real sure about this red light that is staring back at me!"










"But I don't want to look at the camara...it's that red light again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finway Park

Finway Park
You have to love that!

Retired Jersey Wall

Retired Jersey Wall
I can name like 2 of them...but don't tell Kelly...

Take me out to the ballgame!

Take me out to the ballgame!
(vinyl letters rock!)

Finley's First Onesie

Finley's First Onesie
Courtesy of Aunt Brandi

The infamous Ebay pictures...

The infamous Ebay pictures...
Can you name them??

Our Patriotic Wall

Our Patriotic Wall

Coming along...

Coming along...
The middle of the wainscoting is the paint color

The beginning of the waines coating

The beginning of the waines coating
Doesn't Kelly do beautiful work?!

Painting the Room!

Painting the Room!
You wouldn't know how much Kelly hates to paint by this picture

The Big Reveal!

The Big Reveal!
Our faces when we found out we were having a BOY!! Only I really look surprised...