Thursday, September 30, 2010

Retro Finney



Hi everyone! I realized it was time to update my blog when our dear friend Suzanne sent me a card in the mail that ended with "Update your blog!!" Kelly and I logged in tonight to find that I hadn't sent any updates since MAY!! SO, without further adieu, here we are...with my feeble attempt to summarize the past five months with our little man.

At the moment, he is sound asleep, which I can confirm by gazing at our awesome video monitor (we are addicted to that thing). He is getting his beauty sleep so that he has the energy he needs to explore his classroom tomorrow. His teachers write me in his journal each day and thankfully they all check off his mood as "happy." He is quite content with a ball at almost all times (makes his daddy proud). He loves to throw it so that he can chase after it...it's really pretty darn cute...and it tells me that a sibling down the road might be necessary (though not too soon) because "catch" by yourself can only be fun for so long! When he's not playing "catch the ball," he's perfecting his music skills. The kid LOVES music...listening to it, dancing to it, and now playing it. Lord help us. This comes in especially handy at school since there are quite a few little girls in his classroom to impress. Finley has his heart set on Agnes, though. The teachers have informed me that when they sit next to one another on their buggy rides, they hold hands (eek.).

As for his milestones, he is discovering "mobility." He can pull up now, but seems to get scared when he does. He's not particularly fond of falling, though who really is?! His crawl still tends to lean towards an army crawl, but I truly don't know if he'll adjust this as he is quick!

Kelly and I are doing well too. We spent the week working on our kitchen and cleaning out cabinets. I now have a craft area (I should attach a picture next round!) and we can actually navigate through our pots and pans with ease. I'm curious how long it will last...

Much love to all of you...hopefully you'll hear from me sooner than five months from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finway Park

Finway Park
You have to love that!

Retired Jersey Wall

Retired Jersey Wall
I can name like 2 of them...but don't tell Kelly...

Take me out to the ballgame!

Take me out to the ballgame!
(vinyl letters rock!)

Finley's First Onesie

Finley's First Onesie
Courtesy of Aunt Brandi

The infamous Ebay pictures...

The infamous Ebay pictures...
Can you name them??

Our Patriotic Wall

Our Patriotic Wall

Coming along...

Coming along...
The middle of the wainscoting is the paint color

The beginning of the waines coating

The beginning of the waines coating
Doesn't Kelly do beautiful work?!

Painting the Room!

Painting the Room!
You wouldn't know how much Kelly hates to paint by this picture

The Big Reveal!

The Big Reveal!
Our faces when we found out we were having a BOY!! Only I really look surprised...