Monday, September 7, 2009

Moving right along






27 weeks and going strong (at least so far as I can tell!). Kelly and I had planned on going to South Padre for a mini-babymoon, but Kelly had a hard time getting off of work so we opted for a staycation here in SA. It was amazing. A friend of ours got us a great rate at the Grand Hyatt and we truly lived the high-life for a night! It was a perfect way for us to spend some quality time together before little Finn-man turns our world upside down.






I heard something rather disturbing recently...I heard that the patterns your baby falls into in your womb are strikingly similar to their patterns when they are born. Well, I am an extremely heavy sleeper so I have been thinking all along that Finn must not be too active because he'd wake me up if he was (notice my rationalization again). To make a long story short, I've woken up twice in my sleep recently (4am & 6am) to find that Finn was having an all-out party! In fact, what got me most recently was that he found that my bladder is quite a useful trampoline-ouch! I'll have to update once he comes to tell you if this hypothesis holds water. I'm really hoping that he loves sleep as much as his parents do (don't laugh-I can hope!). His crib came in this week too, so I'm hoping that the mattress follows this week so that I can put it all together-it really does make it so real.






On another note, Finley had his first ranching experience this weekend. I didn't get to participate (hence neither did he), but you can see his handsome Daddy here before starting the cattle round-up. I can't wait to get him in his first cowboy hat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finway Park

Finway Park
You have to love that!

Retired Jersey Wall

Retired Jersey Wall
I can name like 2 of them...but don't tell Kelly...

Take me out to the ballgame!

Take me out to the ballgame!
(vinyl letters rock!)

Finley's First Onesie

Finley's First Onesie
Courtesy of Aunt Brandi

The infamous Ebay pictures...

The infamous Ebay pictures...
Can you name them??

Our Patriotic Wall

Our Patriotic Wall

Coming along...

Coming along...
The middle of the wainscoting is the paint color

The beginning of the waines coating

The beginning of the waines coating
Doesn't Kelly do beautiful work?!

Painting the Room!

Painting the Room!
You wouldn't know how much Kelly hates to paint by this picture

The Big Reveal!

The Big Reveal!
Our faces when we found out we were having a BOY!! Only I really look surprised...