Friday, October 9, 2009

8 weeks and counting...


Hi everyone! 8 weeks to go as of today...yippee!! I didn't post at 31 weeks as I was on my way to Corpus for Finley's very first baby shower...and let me tell you that the child made out like a bandit! He got everything from diapers to a pack n' play to a car seat-far too many gifts and books to name...he's so blessed already! Naturally, as you can imagine, I had a hard time sitting around as I was enjoying mingling...and then when we drove back to San Antonio, I couldn't stop when I had so much fun stuff to go through! Well, leave it to me...I ended up in labor and delivery that night. *KEEP READING-WE'RE BOTH FINE* I started cramping and experiencing lower back pain at about 6pm so I rested on my left side as instructed if this happened and drank as much water as I could get down. By 10pm, I was still cramping so I called the nurse and she insisted that I come in for evaluation despite the lack of contractions. So, we reluctantly headed to St. Luke's to make sure Finn wasn't trying to surprise us early. As we imagined, it was fine. His heart rate was strong...at times a little too strong as he absolutely despised the monitor and visibly kicked it with all his might for almost two hours straight. They also performed a pre-labor test, which revealed that he has not released the chemical that tells my cervix to loosen up, which would result in labor. All in all, we were releaved to find out that Finley is still baking like he is supposed to. The problem is that I now have a harder time rationalizing why I shouldn't slow down...I just don't want to! How terrible of me?!


On a more sobering note, tomorrow marks one year of when Sean and Liam left us for Heaven's beauty. It's a bittersweet time for us as we're so thankful for our healthy little boy, but we can't help but miss and mourn our sweet angels as we reflect on our short time with them. We realize that the space they take up in our hearts will never be replaced because they took it with them when they left. At the same time, we have faith that they are watching us all of the time and looking out for their little brother. Really, Finley wouldn't be here if they hadn't left when they did. So if you all could just keep us all in your prayers as we enter a time of celebration and sorrow...not to mention it is my birthday so that adds another element of complexity. God's plan is simply beyond my comprehension (as it should be), so we just pray for peace as we're on this beautiful journey.


Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
In loving memory of Heaven's Angels and ours...Sean and Liam Meegan 10.10.08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finway Park

Finway Park
You have to love that!

Retired Jersey Wall

Retired Jersey Wall
I can name like 2 of them...but don't tell Kelly...

Take me out to the ballgame!

Take me out to the ballgame!
(vinyl letters rock!)

Finley's First Onesie

Finley's First Onesie
Courtesy of Aunt Brandi

The infamous Ebay pictures...

The infamous Ebay pictures...
Can you name them??

Our Patriotic Wall

Our Patriotic Wall

Coming along...

Coming along...
The middle of the wainscoting is the paint color

The beginning of the waines coating

The beginning of the waines coating
Doesn't Kelly do beautiful work?!

Painting the Room!

Painting the Room!
You wouldn't know how much Kelly hates to paint by this picture

The Big Reveal!

The Big Reveal!
Our faces when we found out we were having a BOY!! Only I really look surprised...