Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ten Days!

Today was our evaluation after spending the week resting. You will be happy to know that I have not progressed any further and the contractions are under control. My doctor has informed me that the few that I am still having are necessary to get the baby in the right position for delivery. As of tomorrow, I am 34 weeks, which is when most doctors stop giving steroids for lung development in the case of preemies since they are strong by this week. My instructions now are to stay on the terbutaline for 10 more days, which will put me near 36 weeks. At that point, whatever happens, happens :) This could mean he comes on day 11...or to make things interesting, he could come 31 days from now...no telling!!

I was touched today when a friend of mine who gave birth to a beautiful little girl at 25 weeks reminded me that there is no point in worrying..."it doesn't change anything, prevent anything, or help anything." Her little girl is precious and healthy, by the way. She also left me with a piece of scripture that we all need to keep close:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Roman 8:28

Love and Faith as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finway Park

Finway Park
You have to love that!

Retired Jersey Wall

Retired Jersey Wall
I can name like 2 of them...but don't tell Kelly...

Take me out to the ballgame!

Take me out to the ballgame!
(vinyl letters rock!)

Finley's First Onesie

Finley's First Onesie
Courtesy of Aunt Brandi

The infamous Ebay pictures...

The infamous Ebay pictures...
Can you name them??

Our Patriotic Wall

Our Patriotic Wall

Coming along...

Coming along...
The middle of the wainscoting is the paint color

The beginning of the waines coating

The beginning of the waines coating
Doesn't Kelly do beautiful work?!

Painting the Room!

Painting the Room!
You wouldn't know how much Kelly hates to paint by this picture

The Big Reveal!

The Big Reveal!
Our faces when we found out we were having a BOY!! Only I really look surprised...